Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LATE 8 month post

We have been 8 months for about 2 1/2 weeks now and I didn't do a post, so I wanted to post the latest milestones just so I don't forget. You don't have to read all this, this is mainly just for me. So 8 months have brought:
- finger foods! He LOVES eating finger foods. We started off eating sweet potato that I cooked and cut up into small pieces. He loved it! Since then he has eaten pasta, cheerios, goldfish, peaches, several other fruits and vegetables. He is doing great!
-He has been sleeping through the night for a while now. He goes to bed between 7 and 8 and is up every day at 5-5:15ish. I don't even need to set my alarm-hhaha!
-He is crawling on all fours now. He pulls up on everything and a few times I have seen him let go and stand for a second before he sits down. We may be walking soon--who knows?!
- Two top teeth!!! They broke through about a week and a half ago. At first it was just the top left tooth, but the right one followed shortly after. They aren't completely in yet, but they are both completely through the gums. I think cutting the top teeth was worse than the bottom two. He was fussy with them and had a few days where he had a runny nose.
-He is babbling and can say the da, ba, ya, and I have heard him say the ma sound a few times. He likes to whisper da-da-da. It is so funny. He has just last week started 'growling'. It is so funny. I will roar at him and he will roar back---so cute!
-He will wave "bye-bye" and 'hello'. He will hold up his hand and say 'ey'.
-He also LOVES giving kisses. He doesn't pucker his lips, but he will open his mouth and kiss your cheek if you ask him to 'give kisses' or to 'give love'. He is such a loving child. Just yesterday at church he and I were talking to a friend of mine and he kept leaning out to give her kisses!
-He loves Daphne our dog! He will try his best to chase her and just giggle and yell at her.
- He is very attached to me right now. He only wants his Momma! I don't mind that too much :) I know it won't last long so I am trying to soak it all in. I guess that's all for now. He is growing and changing so much so fast!! Just yesterday someone in WalMart stopped me and told me out of all the babies they had ever seen, he was by far the cutest! :) Needless to say we are very proud of our precious little boy! I'll do a 9 month update after we go to the doctor in August.


(new posts below)

No comments: