Monday, January 24, 2011

8 months

(I have been holding on to this post for a while in hopes of snagging my husband's computer to upload some pictures along with it....but I figured I'd go ahead and post this and get to some pictures soon....)
Where is the time going?? Honor is 8 months old!! I can't even begin to describe how much my life has changed in the past 8 months. I had no idea how challenging parenting was going to be when I had two babies! Oh it is worth every sweet crazy second, but wow what a challenge! My baby girl is such a blessing and she is changing so much every day. She is so spunky and definitely your typical redhead (that's a nice way of saying the gal's got a temper:)) She isn't crawling yet, but oh she wants to and it makes her so frustrated that she can't take off after her brother. She is at that stage where being on the floor playing is more frustrating than fun. She will get on her knees and rock, but hasn't gone forward yet. She will go in circles and push herself backwards--so it won't be long. And once she learns how to crawl, she will be much happier. I'm not quite sure I am ready for her to be crawling, but I know she will be happier to be on the move. She is eating finger foods now. We had a tough time with baby foods at first, but she finally got the hang of it. I made all of her food, which worked out really well for Honor and I enjoyed it and am able to be creative with her food, which is fun. We also didn't break the bank buying baby food. I will definitely do this in the future if we have any more children. Her favorites are bananas, sweet potatoes and squash. WE just recently introduced her first meat: fish and she LOVES it--who knew? She has TWO teeth! Which she got a few weeks ago at the same time. They were hard work for her and we had a few rough nights, but she is a trooper :) She loves to clap her hands and if you say "yaaayy Honor", she will start clapping her hands. She makes a bye-bye waving motion and will copy you when you say bye bye by saying baba, but I'm not sure that she knows what she is doing--she's just a ham. We are starting to work on signing, which we did with Asher and he still enjoys learning new signs, so we hope to be successful with Honor. She babbles ALL the time. I feel like she will be a talker. She loves making noises and I love to hear her sweet voice. She is so smiley and loves all things girly. She also loves her brother's toy cars though. Today she held one of Asher's hot wheel cars all afternoon, which irritates Asher to no end, but he is learning to share :) Needless to say we are head over heels in love with our sweet Hon-bon. An incredible 8 months, can't wait to see what's in store next! We have our NINE month appointment in two weeks!! I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments: