(I actually wrote this 6 weeks ago, but better late than never....so here's a recap of Ash-man's big day)

Birth-day

First birthday (We have better pictures, but someone cleaned them off the computer...)

TWO!
We had a party to celebrate this blessed little boy's life. When I asked him what kind of party he wanted to have, he said he wanted an orange party. Since Asher loves trucks, construction, tools, etc--so we used the orange theme and did a big construction themed party. I always have so much fun planning these things and Zack asked me to make sure I tried to tone it down a bit this year, which would have definitely happened, but we happened to have a precious member of our church offer to let us borrow his forklift for the party. So yes, we had a huge piece of heavy machinery parked in our yard for the weekend. Other than that GIANT detail, it was much simpler than past parties as far as the planning and preparation that went in to it. Here are a few pictures of the day. Asher loves people more than any child I have ever met, so just having friends over to his house was super fun, but then you add dirt and a forklift and he was over the moon happy!


Party themed food



We turned our garden (since we are done for the season) into a big dirt pile for the boys to dig in. It was a BIG hit :)








Honor loved the dirt pile too!



About halfway through all the digging, Asher decided to get serious about it and went and found Daddy's big shovel


Riding bikes with our neighbors
It was a fun party. We are so blessed to have so many friends and family to celebrate with. Asher is one very loved little boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment