I love my feet!
yummy!
Can I just say that I cannot believe Asher is already 5 months old! It seems like last week that I was waiting so impatiently for him to get here! Well 5 months has brought a lot of new things! First of which are TEETH!! Well one tooth, I should say. His first tooth came in on the bottom in the front. It finally broke through this past week. His second tooth is trying to come through now, causing some fussiness in our little man. I have tried to get a picture of it, but every time I open his mouth he sticks his tongue out over it. But I have made a lot of people feel it (after they washed their hands of course:)) I was so proud of his pretty little tooth! All in all, he has been a trooper only having short periods of fussiness here and there. So next on our new list is....rice cereal. I finally caved and started feeding it to him about a week ago. Let me just tell you something about Asher---that boy is SERIOUS about his food! He was born ready to eat and has never had any problems nursing or gaining weight. So when we started cereal I wasn't really sure what to expect, but he loves it. He is very impatient though. He doesn't like to wait for you to get the next spoonful to his mouth. Once you give him a bite, he swallows and then starts screaming until you give him the next bite. It isn't an unhappy scream or a hurting scream, but the scream he uses when he wants something. We tried to video tape him a few times, but it just sounds like he hates it because he is so impatient. These past few days have been better, as he is learning to be more patient and to sit in his new high chair seat. He rolls over from his back to his tummy and from his tummy to his back. He wants to crawl so bad! When you put him on his tummy he just wiggles his arms and legs like he wants to move! He'll turn himself in circles--it is so cute. I know once he learns to crawl-he is gonna GO! He can't sit up by himself yet, but I know it won't be long. He just lacks a little balance. He loves to stand up! Forget about playing laying down--this very rarely satisfies him anymore! He must be sitting or standing! SO, those are some things five months have brought. Some things time hasn't given us is a full night's sleep yet. If we're lucky he'll sleep through his midnight feeding, but he always gets up between 2-3 and then again around 5-6. I'm just not sure when night time feedings become more of a habit than a necessity--any advice?? Well, that's all for now. Happy 5 months Ash-man! We are so proud of you!




2 comments:
Are you nursing him or giving it to him in a bottle? We started only offering the bottle and I would pump to slowly decrease what I had at those hours or store it for later. I had about 1 1/2 months of frozen milk when I decided to stop at a year old. We also gradually offered less and would sub it for water , (if we thought that he was truely thirsty and not just wanting to cuddle). We also offered a "fourth meal" of cereal or cereal about 30 minutes before bedtime (if you are not doing it 3 times a day yet). It seemed to help his belly stay full and we didn't worry if he was starving. Asher is a "healthy" boy like Bryce. Go with what YOU know. Everyone does things differently. You will find more thatn enough people giving advice! Those things worked for us. He would sleep for 14 hours sometimes. We would have to check on him to make sure that he was o.k. When we let Bryce put himself to sleep, he slept better and longer. When we rocked him, he would wake up and cry until we came to get him. Now we lay him down and he goes to sleep on his own, after his betime routine and story. Check out the Ferber method, by Dr. Ferber. It works! It teaches them independance. It only took Bryce one night to get it! Not the 2 weeks that it suggests! He only cried for 2 five minute intervals the first night and then he had it down. Seemed like 2 hours though, but we and Bryce are better for it now. He is such a happy baby! I can tell that Asher does not go with out love either! It is harder on us than them! Especially hard to hear them cry when you are nursing! OOWWWEEEE!
We let Hudson put himself to sleep. He will sleep usually until 3:30 or 4. We put him down around 9. We give him my pump milk from a bottle and that seems to stretch him out. I don't know how you feel about bottles. We give him one because he will be at a sitters when I start work. I heard that babies tend to take more from the bottle. Him getting up at 3:30 doesn't bother me since I have to get up at 4 for work:( Good luck!!!
Post a Comment