Saturday, February 20, 2010

15 month post (a little late)

Whew....Asher is napping, the dishes are done and the laundry is not quite ready to be folded so I have a free second to sit down and update--finally. It seems like so much has happened since the last time I updated the blog, but mainly it has just been the normal day to day routine that keeps us so busy! Asher turned 15 months on the 3rd of February. We went for his checkup that week. He had to get two shots :( He was NOT happy about them either. The older he gets, the more traumatic going to do the doctor for shots seems to be. He was easily consoled once the shots were over and he was in my arms, thankfully. He weighed in at 23 pounds 5 ounces, was 30 1/2" long (which I'm not sure is accurate b/c he was pretty squirmy when he was laying on the table to mark him) and his head circumference was a whopping 18 1/2". He is in the 20th and 30th percentile for his weight, which I was a little concerned about, but our doctor assured me that he is a very healthy boy. He is just very active at this age, so he won't be gaining a lot of weight despite the fact that I feel like he eats almost constantly--haha. And active he certainly is! He keeps this preggo mamma on the go! He has begun to talk so much!! His vocabulary has expanded so much in the past few weeks. Just yesterday morning, I was in our room getting ready and Mickey Mouse came on t.v. and he ran in there and pointed to the t.v. and said 'hot dog' and started doing the hot dog dance (which if you watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse--you know what this is :)). He has started to distinguish his word for more (more-more) and Mommy. He says Mommy very clearly now--which I adore! Other words he has added: shoes, socks, bellybutton, down, snack ('nack'), baby, hot dog, chicken (nickin), paci (pa-pa) and he will say Nonni for my mom and he will try to repeat words, but those are the ones he speaks the clearest. He is so great about following instructions too. Some of his favorite things right now are coloring-he loves to color, playing in the kitchen while we cook, 'helping' us cook, dancing, and chasing Daphne. We are very ready for warm weather--it's harder to find indoor entertainment and we are looking forward to being able to spend days outside! In other news, Asher had a blast playing in the snow we had last weekend. It was beautiful and a perfect amount! Just enough to play in, but not enough to shut everything down ( which doesn't have to be a lot for our little town-hah) I have some really cute video of Asher playing in the snow, I'll have to get Zack to add them later. All in all, life is sweet! We are so amazed at how Asher continues to grow, and change and learn new things right before our eyes--dazzling us with his incredible smile and precious personality! Zack and I were talking about how fast time goes once you have a child. When I was pregnant with Asher, we thought he would never get here-and now he is RUNNING all over the place! Thank you Asher, for being YOU! and for bringing so much crazy joy into our lives! What did we ever do without you little man?

(pictures to come soon!!)

No comments: