Friday, April 27, 2012

6 weeks old

Isla Rose is six weeks old today! What a blessed 6 weeks they have been. Our family has adjusted more beautifully than I could have ever imagined, welcoming a new sister with such love. She is a joy, most of the time. She definitely has her fussy moments. Every night she "wakes up" between 8 and 1030 and cries. After that, she usually sleeps until about 230, wakes up to eat and then goes back to sleep until 4 or 5. We are getting good rest (for now) When we went to the doctor for our one month check up, she weighed 9 pounds and is growing and healthy. Dr Ebba talked to us a lot about genetic testing and counseling. We have decided not to have her tested any further. When we talked to Dr Elsas, he said it was something we could do, but genetic testing takes so long that it could be years before we ever had any results and if she seemed healthy and didn't show any other problems, then there was really no reason to do it. (We also opted not to have any counseling ourselves. We trust the Lord for our future and our future children and don't feel like that is necessary.)
My sweet Isla had her first smiles for her big brother and just this week really seems to "mean it" when she smiles. Asher loves when she smiles and him. Honor's two phrases she says when she plays with Isla are: "She's nookin' at me" (looking at me) and "She's waking up Mommy!" (Even if she's been awake for an hour :)) I haven't been able to capture many of her grins on camera yet, but I'm sure I will soon. She nurses like a champ, every two hours, except during that 4 hour stretch at night. She loves for me to keep her in my Moby wrap and it is wonderful for Mommy too as it is the only way I can get anything done that requires two hands! :) She is happy wherever you lay her: Moses basket, bouncy seat, swing, until she is bothered by the other two little people in our house that can't seem to keep their hands off of her. Another reason why I usually end up wearing her haha! She loves her Daddy! He is often the only one able to get her to calm down during her fussy time. We are looking forward to watching this precious girl grow and change and watch her personality develop.

We had some pictures made of Isla when she was 7 days old by H+M photo and I am crazy about them! These are some of my faves.




No comments: