So with Daddy being gone, (aside from counting down the days till he's back :)) I have tried my best to keep the kids, Asher especially, distracted and busy. Asher and Zack have such a special relationship. I have never seen a child love a father so. Zack gets home from work and Asher tackles him and they play everything from super boys to wrestling to army men and legos until it's time to go to bed. I knew this week would be hard for Asher so we have tried to stay busy. They have gone to school all day Monday. They love Wee Care. Asher is such a social butterfly. (He adores other children--anyone, honestly, I have never seen him meet a child he dislikes. He is an instant friend. It is one of the things that make me crazy about him :))
Tuesday, oh Tuesday. Tuesday has been our hardest day so far. We took a trip to the mall and let the kids play at the Play Place hoping to wear them out so they would have a good nap.
Bouncy fun
And sweet Isla slept the whole time
After all that fun, both my kids decided they did not need a nap, which I am sure impaired their judgement severely, which is how Honor ended up nearly bald. Yes my friends, it happened. A day dreaded by parents everywhere. Haircuts by the hands of a three year old.
The pictures doesn't do it justice. It was bad. And she also had a nice chunk missing from the front.
And I'd like to just say in my defense that I only left the room to change Isla's diaper, a mere two and a half minutes. Just goes to show I guess that trouble can come upon us in an instant. As soon as I noticed, I texted a picture to Jennifer who cuts our hair and she is now our family's most treasured friend because she came right over, to our house, on her day off to fix my girl's hair. I would have been able to laugh it off a little easier if she weren't the flower girl in my sister's wedding in two weeks.....and if it hadn't taken two years to get what little hair she did have to grow that length (which wasn't very long) Sigh. At least it will grow back. And she looks pretty darn cute no matter what her hair looks like anyways. Wednesday somewhat made up for the horribleness that was Tuesday. We went on a great birthday adventure for Honor's birthday (which is tomorrow!!--is it crazy that she is about to be two?!) We set out in the rainy weather and headed to Birmingham. We made our first stop at Toys-R-us. and we probably could have just stayed there all day. Asher found the battery powered cars and spent literally 45 minutes getting on and off of them, pretending to drive.
Next stop was lunch at Jason's deli (mommy's choice:)) and then GiGi's for a birthday cupcake! Honor is such a hoot. If anyone knows my sassy little girl, you know she will talk your ear off and loves to sing. She makes up songs all the time. When we told her we were going for cupcakes, she started singing "I lick it, then I eat it. I lick it. I eat it" over and over. and she did just that with her Mississippi Mud cupcake. (Shan and Zack--you will appreciate this trait she got from her Mama: she changed her cupcake choice three times before finally picking out one:))
ZOO time! The sunshine finally came out after lunch. It was the perfect day, because the rain really made it cooler. so it was very enjoyable! We saw all the animals and even rode the train!
\
Worn out after a long day....
but not this guy
A special day for a special girl!
Family and Friends please continue to pray for Zack and the mission team in Haiti. They will be back Monday night. Pray for us here. We have had many tears for Daddy, but we are so excited about the good work he is doing and can't wait to share that with all of you.
Some things coming up: Isla and Honor both have well-visit doctor appointments on Tuesday. Two girls, two sets of shots---one Mommy...need I say more?
Isla will be going to the Eye Foundation June 18th, So please keep that date on your calendar. We are excited about starting this process and meeting the people there that we will be getting to know quite well I'm sure in the coming years. (speaking of Isla, she has tagged along on all our adventures like a champ! She is awake more and more now and starting to look around and notice things. She loves to watch her toy zebra on her carseat. Every time I notice her watching things I just think about how grateful I am that the Lord blessed her with sight. She can see!! Praise God for his goodness!)
And last but not least--my sister and BFF is getting married in two weeks! Woohoo! Excited for their special day and to welcome Stephen to the family!
Check back for a BIG BIRTHDAY update on precious Honor Casey Boo! :)












No comments:
Post a Comment