Sunday, January 11, 2009

Two Month Checkup

Well Asher had his shots last week. He did really well, all things considered. He cried with the first stick, but once we were able to hold him and comfort him he settled down quickly.  We kept him on Tylenol every 4 hours and he didn't have any reactions or fever.  He is up to 11 pounds 11 1/2 ounces and he was 22 3/4 inches long--so he has gained 3 pounds and has grown 1 1/2 inches since last time.  He is really starting to have chubby cheeks!  I started back to work last week and have been taking him with me.  He usually does pretty well. He has had a few days where he just wants to be played with and held, but all in all he has been pretty good. I was sad to have to go back to work, but I have been so blessed to be able to bring him with me for now.  On another note, I think we are VERY close to sleeping through our 2AM feeding, which is very exciting for me. Last night he went 6 hours between eating, which is like a record for him!! We'll see how the next few nights go.  

3 comments:

Bryce's momma said...

I think that 9-11 weeks is the magic "sleep thru the night" number. Bryce did and something I read said that. He would sleep for 10 hours. The first night that he did it, we were both in a coma. We woke up the next morning and immediately checked him to make sure that he was breathing. lol. Glad to hear that his shots went so well. I can't wait for ya'll to see his little personality develop over the next few months. They are truely miracles from God. I made some pics of little Marshall Friday. I am trying to learn photography. He is so cute! I would love to make some of Asher sometime. Let me know! I need all the practice that I can get. I do o.k with Bryce, but it is completely different with other kids. It is my hobby. I love it. Let me know if you ever want some free pics. I want to learn photoshop. I can do a little, but need some pro skills. Talk to ya later.... May he sleep thru the night very soon.......:)

Unknown said...

dropping that 2am feeding is the best!! until they are 9 months old and want to see you again! yes i was the one to tell you about the book.

Unknown said...

Sleeping through the night!!!! Mine still don't! :) Just kidding, they do most nights but now we wake up with a little girl in the bed with us and if Ethan wasn't in his crib, he would be there too! I am HAPPY for you guys though! Enjoying a full nights' sleep is the BEST!

Thanks for letting us all be able to share last night with your family. Please know that you and Zack are both in our prayers. God bless you both!