Tuesday, February 21, 2012

3 weeks and counting!

I am three weeks from my due date! I can't believe how fast this has gone! We are busy getting things ready to go. We have had a crazy few weeks. Last week, my kids were sick the entire week. It started when Honor got a fever on Sunday and Asher followed suit on Monday and they were both puny on and off with a cough, fever and runny nose all week long. We layed around and watched more t.v. than they have probably watched in their entire lives--hah! It was a treat for them because we try to limit how much tv they watch normally and we always limit it to something wholesome or educational, not just silly cartoons. One day, Honor got so upset because we couldn't find Crocodile Hunter on tv--but I will take her asking to watch something on National Geographic than Nickelodeon any day! Last week made me realize how blessed I am that I do not have chronically ill children. I am so, so thankful that sickness is very rare around our house! ( great argument for breast-feeding :)) It was a very tiring and trying week for everyone, but by Saturday we were excited when everything seemed to be getting back to normal. Sunday was a good day, and then came Monday. I took the kids to school to get caught up on a few things around the house. When I went to pick the kids up, they were still napping. My sister Caroline was with me and we headed to the grocery store to grab some ice cream. While I was there, I slipped on a can of whip cream that had busted and fell! I didn't even see the mess. One second I was walking and the next I was flat on my back. It was not a pretty sight. I made it to the car before I fell apart completely. Caroline called my mom and my mom called Shan and he wanted me to come in to check the baby and make sure everything was ok. Thankfully it was! I on the other hand, was a crazy emotional mess the rest of the night! I don't know whether it just startled me or scared me so much, but I probably cried off and on the rest of the night. After I got done at the office and went to pick up the kids, I was met with poor Honor who was crying and wouldn't calm down. She had a low grade temp and was inconsolable, which if you know Honor you know that this is very unlike her! We rushed her to the doctor's office to find out she had an ear infection. This is the Casey family's first ever ear infection. Asher never had one, and as far as I can remember has never been sick with anything that required an antibiotic. So we are home today (again) to recover from this ear infection, watching Tangled for the 50 millionth time and faithfully taking our Amoxicillin. Hopefully tomorrow everything will go back to normal--for a little while at least. I am hoping to be able to get caught up on my work before the baby comes.
My poor sick girl....Sadness!

These are a few random pictures I had on my phone that I thought were sweet. Honor playing tea party with a few very important guests (notice Minnie Mouse)
I have never seen two kids that love their Daddy so much!

This was last week when Asher was sick. He put on his superhero costume to watch a movie :)

Game time!

Love these two!

1 comment:

The Cartwright Family said...

such great pictures.. Can't wait to see the new addition! God Bless