Saturday, March 10, 2012

Counting my blessings

Tomorrow is my due date.....and no sign of baby just yet. Last week with the way I was feeling I would have sworn that she would be here by now, but this past week I have felt great. I haven't had a single contraction. I have had a burst of energy and am actually sleeping really well! (which is a nasty joke for my body to play on me as I am about to have a newborn! :)) I have been pretty disappointed that she hasn't come yet and have had quite a few meltdowns that actually included the tearful phrase "I am going to be pregnant forever!" Oh what pregnancy hormones and unrelenting physical discomfort will make a person say and do! However the past few days I have decided that I absolutely could not go on anymore with this attitude! I have so so so much to be thankful for, because guess what? I'm not going to be pregnant forever people! and once she is here I can't put her back :) The Lord has refreshed my Spirit by
giving me some great rest and allowing me to soak up time with my precious family of four. I know I will never get this time back and I don't want to wish away these days!
I am so glad I haven't missed out on things like celebrating Dr Seuss's birthday with a little green eggs for breakfast....
....going on yard sale adventures and picking up a few treasures...
....having a sticky snack with this cutie...

...spending time with my sister....
...and other family members :)....
.....and soaking up the sunshine...




I have so much to be thankful for. I have spent much time in prayer over the next season of our lives as we add a new little one to our family, praying that the kids' transition goes smoothly, that I don't completely lose my mind as we learn a new schedule and routine and how to care for three children three and under! and that most of all we would savor these days. Even though I am somewhat anxious as to what the future holds as far as our day in and day out routine, I really believe Zack and I will one day look back on this time as some of the best days of our life. I want my children to know without a doubt that we loved every single moment the Lord gave us with them. So we will continue to wait on dear Baby Isla Rose and hope that she will join us soon. We are so excited to meet you baby girl! Until then, we will wait on the Lord's timing, trusting that it is perfect and so will our sweet baby girl be when she arrives!

No comments: