Friday, March 13, 2009

Four Month Well Visit

We had our four month old well baby visit today.  When we walked in to sign in, the receptionist asked me how we had been able to keep Asher away from the doctor's office. She seemed amazed that he hasn't been sick yet!  We are so grateful that we have a healthy boy and we haven't had to make any extra visits to the doctor!  Asher is 14 pounds 15 ounces and 25 inches long!  He had another round of shots. He tolerated them pretty well. He only cried with the last one and it didn't last long. We came home and took a long nap after that! He has been a little fussy at times today, but is still his perky self for the most part, babbling and playing. (We're keeping him loaded up with Tylenol)  Dr Ebba said he is right on track developmentally. The doctor also said he was ready for rice cereal--I'm just not sure if I am.  He has only been nursed so far and it makes me a little sad to start rice cereal, but I'm also excited about how healthy he is and how much he is growing!   So we'll let you know how the adventure of solid foods starts out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our lactation consultant (at RMC) recommended waiting until 6 months for anything other than breastmilk. I started Ellie on cereal at 7 months and Ethan at 6 months. I read somewhere that they don't digest a lot of what's in the cereal that young because their bodies are not ready for it. I say the more breastmilk the better! :) Look how great he is doing already. :) Just my 2 cents! :)

Unknown said...

i think i told you this but we didn't start Em on solids until 6 months. but to each his own! :)